Rafael is a Brazilian-born, international creative with over 17 years of experience across multiple disciplines. He’s worked his way across the globe from Brazil to the Middle East to the U.S., making stops at Ogilvy & Mather in Brazil, Ogilvy & Mather and Leo Burnett in Dubai, Pereira & O’Dell in San Francisco and 180LA. Currently, Rizuto is Founder and Chief Creative Officer of San Francisco-based agency TBD, which launched late last year.
He's behind award-winning projects such as Boost Mobile’s “Boost Your Voice” (Integrated Grand Prix, Promo Grand Prix and Titanium winner at Cannes Lions 2017); UNICEF’s “UNfairy Tales” (Grand Prix for Good at Cannes Lions 2016); Expedia’s “Dream Adventures”; Hellmann's “Recipe Receipt”; Airbnb's “#Birdbnb,” “Solving #SochiProblems,” and “Views” (Airbnb's first global campaign); and Coca-Cola’s “Happiness Refill” and “Crossroads” (Coca-Cola’s largest-ever Latin American push). Rafael has won over 250 international awards including Golds and Pencils at Cannes Lions, D&AD, the One Show, the Clios, the London International Awards and the Effies. He also served as jury in some of those festivals (D&AD, Clios, London International Awards (LIA), The Effies, Dubai Lynx, New York Festivals + Others).
An idea-led creative by nature, Rafael turned 180LA into the most awarded shop in all of TBWA’s Network Worldwide for two years in a row (2016/2017). He was recognized as one of Ad Age’s "40 under 40" in 2017, and ranked #13 in Business Insider’s "30 Most Creative People in Advertising" in 2016. When he’s not day dreaming, he’s playing with his dog Bucho and his son Luc.
- Selected among AdAge's 40 under 40 list in 2017.
- 180LA named Ad Age's A-List Standout and Creativity Innovators in 2017
- Ranked #13 in Business Insider's 30 most creative people in advertising 2016
- For its UNICEF work, 180LA was among 51 U.S. companies to be recognized by the White House – and the only advertising agency – answering President Obama’s “Call to Action,” asking American companies to make measurable commitments to ameliorate the refugee crisis
- Distinguished with 30+ Cannes Lions and in 2012, helped Ogilvy & Mather Brazil to be the 3rd agency of the year, securing the O&M Network's first ever win with the title of "Network of the Year"
- Speaker at Cannes Lions 2013 - "Foreigner: No Boundaries For Creativity" at the Grand Auditorium
- #9 Art Director in the world - The Big Won 2013
- #6 Art Director in the world - Cannes Lions Report 2012
- Ogilvy & Mather Dubai Agency of the year at Dubai Lynx International awards 2010
- Ogilvy & Mather Dubai Agency of the year at Effies awards for two years in a row (2009/2010)
- Gold at the Cannes Young Lions Competition 2008
- Served as Jury in festivals like D&AD (Creativity for Good), The Clios (Brand Design), London International Awards - LIA (Brand Entertainment), The Effies, New York Festivals, Dubai Lynx, Lisbon Awards, Kyev Awards + Others.
- 250+ international awards including Golds and pencils at, DA&D, One Show, Clios, London awards, Effies + others.
MAIN AWARDS (2008 to present)
Cannes Lions: 1 Grand Prix Integrated, 1 Grand Prix for Good, 1 Grand Prix Promo, 1 Titanium, 7 Gold, 7 Silver, 15 Bronze
One Show: 2 Gold, 6 Silver, 6 Bronze, 14 Merits
Clio Awards: 1 Grand Clio, 7 Gold, 5 Silver, 8 Bronze
DA&D: 1 White Pencil, 8 Wooden Pencils, 4 In Book
London International awards (LIA): 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze
AdAge's Creativity Awards: Campaign of the Year, 2017
Brand Film Festival: 1 Grand Prix
Effies: 2 Gold
El Ojo de Iberoamérica: 3 Gold, 5 Silver, 2 Bronze
The New York Festivals: 3 Bronze
Art Directors Club: 1 Bronze
The Webby Awards: 2 nominations
Radio Mercury Awards: 2x Best of Show
Lisbon International Advertising Festival: 1 grand Prix, 2x Gold
Dubai Lynx Awards: 6 Gold, 6 Silver, 5 Bronze
Wave: 1 Grand Prix, 5 Gold, 1 Silver, 6 Bronze
CCSP (Creative Club of São Paulo): 1 Gold, 3 Silver, 2 Bronze, 3 In Book
Smarties: 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
Jay Chiat Award: 1 Bronze
MENA Cristal: 1 grand Prix, 4 Gold, 2 Silver, 2 Bronze
Epica: 1 Silver
Current and past clients include: : HP, Miller Lite, Expedia, Skype, Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Airbnb, Unilever, Burger King, McDonald's, P&G, Kraft, Nike, Samsung, Mitsubishi, GM, FIAT, Audi + others.
TBD - San Francisco
Founder and Chief Creative Officer
October 2017 - Present
180LA - Los Angeles
Executive Creative Director
April 2015 - August 2017
Pereira & O'Dell - San Francisco
October 2012 - April 2015
Ogilvy & Mather - Brazil
Senior Art Director/Creative Director Partner
October 2011 - October 2012
Leo Burnett - Dubai
Senior Art Director
September 2010 - October 2011
Ogilvy & Mather - Dubai
Regional Art Director
October 2007 - September 2010
Artobrand - Bahrain
Senior Art Director/Designer
February 2007 - September 2007
RGA - Brazil
Senior Art Director/Creative Coordinator
November 2005 - January 2007
DA/DPA - Brazil
Jr. Art Director/Art Director
August 2001 - September 2005